Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Eeeek!

I've just signed up for my second 10k run! Eeek! I don't know if I can do it. I mean, I know I have done it already and that I can DO a 10ker but it just doesn't feel like I can do it! I feel old and slow and slothy, not young and fast and lithe, like I want to feel!

I am running with two of my new running friends from my old gym. They are ladies in their early fifties and they are such an inspiration to me. Both of them are fantastic runners but one in particular is just a gun! Actually we call her 'Guns' because she's a 55yo gym junkie running chick and she just deserves that moniker lol.

Every Saturday or Sunday we all run together, at our own pace and then we have breakfast together. We feel we've earned it lol. Actually sometimes I think it's the thought of the breakfast that gets us out of bed in the morning!! lol.

So, I'm once again in training. I'm actually in week 2 of a 5 week bootcamp. I've done a bootcamp mission before and nothing, I mean NOTHING gets you fit like bootcamp does. Actually it was doing bootcamp that got me fit enough to do that first 10k so I'm glad it's here again!

I've been terribly sick these past few weeks, I had the flu, laryngitis and a secondary chest infection all at once. Oh and a double ear infection too. I didn't train at all for almost two weeks and when I came back in to it I could hardly move. I've gradually been getting back into training, getting better each day. On Sunday I ran about 4k, it was awful I could hardly breathe. Today I ran 5k and I felt fantastic. I did about 5min of stomach crunches afterwards and then a 1100m row. I'm gradually getting back on track :)

No comments:

Post a Comment