Sunday, July 25, 2010

He Won!

Remember the 12 week challenge? The one Darling Husband and I entered? The fitness and lifestyle change challenge? Well, last Friday night we had the 'Night of Champions' which is the night when all of the 100 entrants and their partners get together and the winner of each club are announced as well as the 'Grand Champion'. We thought that Darling Husband might be a contender for club champion as he did extremely well but when all of the club champions were announced and Darling Husbands name wasn't mentioned we weren't dissapointed as they were all such deserving winners.

But then came time to announce the Grand Champion. Now, both Darling Husband and I thought that the Grand Champion (GC) was chosen from the winning club champions so we were really interested in seeing if our club champion made the grade but weren't expecting it to be either of us so weren't paying as much attention as we probably should have been.

At the start of these challenges, as an entrant you have to write a testimony, a reason why you're doing this challenge and what you think you will gain from it. At the end of the challenge you write another testimony as to how you've changed since embarking on the challenge. Both testimonies are read out as the grand champion is revealed. This is where it gets funny.

They start reading out the testimony..

Speaker: "I am the Father of five children.."

Darling Husband:" Oh hang on, this could be me!"

Me: "Shhh...I'm listening!"

Speaker: "I have a desk job and when I come home from work I sit on the couch..."

Darling Husband: "Umm, I really think this is my testimony."

Me: "SHHHHH! I can't hear what he's saying!"

Speaker: "Reads out the rest of the testimony."

Me (to Darling Husband): "Oh my goodness! I think that's you!"

Darling Husband: "Thats what I've been trying to tell you!"

And yes it was indeed my Darling champion Husband who took out the Grand Champion prize. I am so proud of him and even a week later we are both still in shock! We've both become health fanatics which is so far from where we both were only a year ago. It does get hard and old habits die hard but all in all I think we will be following this path forever now.

If I get game enough I'll put up some of our before and after pics. They're quite astounding!

2 comments:

  1. Well done - to both of you - how wonderful you are now both on the same health and well-being journey - more power to you both. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH wow! That is a huge achievement, big congratulations! Inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete